CA. Senate Bill 1 [RE-wrenches]

Graham Owen graham at solarexpert.com
Thu Jun 2 20:55:00 PDT 2005

Need a new washer and dryer set? You could get one free!
http://click.topica.com/caadzTWbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

Hey Marco,

Not only will C46's be disenfranchised, many C10's will be restricted due to
new regulations scheduled to take effect July 1st.

http://www.constructionweblinks.com/resources/Industry_Reports__Newsletters/
Nov_01_2004/dead.html

and

http://www.dir.ca.gov/DAS/ElectricalCertificationForm.pdf

All C10 employees who do wiring need to have the new certification,
beginning next month!  I've been told this law was a result of previous Gov
Davis selling out to the unions for votes, while others have said this is
well intentioned and all about safety.  One thing I find curious is the 6
month extension for mono-lingual Hispanics (non-English-speaking) until Jan
2006.  Looks like safety and communication may perhaps be compromised?

In a nut shell, the utilities are opposing the Solar Bill, and the only way
to keep the unions supportive is to hand them the labor.  I am glad knowing
that Shell and Kyocera support C46 and B participation.  Its issues like
this that fractured the CalSEIA contractor base and the PV manufacturers now
have their own new association.  Looks like many of us are just pawns and
manu's selling directly into the new home construction market is the big
prize, at least for some.

And you may find this interesting;

The C-10 Electrical License Study Guide on the CSLB Website
http://www.cslb.ca.gov/studyguides/c-10.asp  makes no mention whatsoever of
photovoltaics, nor of the type of job-specific conditions required to
install solar systems on buildings.

While the CSLB's C-46 Study Guide contains significant references to PV as
well as job-specific conditions:
http://www.cslb.ca.gov/studyguides/c-46.asp

Graham

Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
http://click.topica.com/caadAcrbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com