Smallest inverter...... [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Wed May 25 17:12:34 PDT 2005

Get a Free Sirius Satellite Package, don't pass on this!
http://click.topica.com/caadwPhbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

Hi John,

To the best of my knowledge (OK, I might be missing some info), the
smallest is the 700 Watt SMA SunnyBoy, but this unit is not available in
a WindyBoy format. The smallest inverter approved for inter-connection
with wind turbines is most likely the 1800 Watt SMA, in this country
anyway. Because an inverter is "small" and approved for use with solar
doesn't mean that it is available for wind, since the two power sources
have very different voltage "windows". Alternators are commonly wound
differently for use with inverters than they are for direct battery
charging and must be matched with specific software for the inverter.

Matt T

John Veix wrote:

>Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
>Need a new washer and dryer set? You could get one free!
>http://click.topica.com/caadtaGbz8QcsbadqCja/ProductTestPanel
>

>Hi all,
>
>Just for something different - what is the *smallest* grid-tie inverter commercially available: 230vac, 50 Hz - 12 or 24vdc nominal input, available in either battery or battery-less.
>Primarily for solar, but one that could also do a small wind unit.  The inverter is needed by a quasi-government organisation that is setting up 10 or more small demonstration sites to show the grid-tie potential of wind/solar.
>Originally I was considering the "Micro-sines", but they are no longer available.
>
>                                                thanks for any help,                John V
>
>Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
>Erase wrinkles without Botox! Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to
>reduce wrinkles by 68% Click here to get your 30-day free supply.
>http://click.topica.com/caadslIbz8QcsbadqCjf/Nexiderm
>
>- - - -
>
>Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/read
>
>List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php
>
>Check out participant bios: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/
>
>Hosted by Home Power magazine

Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
http://click.topica.com/caadvf5bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Nexiderm

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com