L-16 battery terminals [RE-wrenches]

John Raynes john at raynes.com
Thu May 19 18:15:17 PDT 2005

Sign up today for a No Annual Fee Discover® Platinum Card and get…
0% Intro APR on Purchases & Balance Transfers for 8 Months, Up to
2% Cashback Bonus® reward on your purchases & 100% fraud
protection.
http://click.topica.com/caadtrVbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/DiscoverCard

Scott,

That's interesting.  We were recently told (I have good notes because we
specifically looked into this in some detail) that:

-L16G's come in UT standard, LT is available but we must order pallets of 18.
-L16P's come in AP/stud standard, LT is available but we must order pallets
of 18 (plus they're $18 more to us)
-L16H's com in AP/stud standard and we can NOT get them in an LT terminal

This is obviously quite a bit different from what you're indicating.  I
tend to believe that your information is probably closer to the truth
because we're really at the end of the food chain here in rural
Utah.  Maybe we need to talk off list some more and see if we can get
Standard's story straight.

Regards
John Raynes
RE Solar
Torrey UT

At 11:33 AM 5/19/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi John
>
>We purchase batteries from the same SLC, UT distributor. Our master
>distributor in Spokane, WA (also Standard Battery) have told me that the
>UT terminal is only available on the L16G battery. The L16P and L16H have
>either an L or a DT (automotive post and threaded stud) terminal. Perhaps
>you could switch to the L16P if you're having trouble with the L16G
>terminals. I am sure that our Spokane distributor would speak with SLC if
>we need it.
>
>Scott
>
>PS: Please include prior emails with each response. Thanks
>
>Backwoods Solar Electric Systems
>1589 Rapid Lightning Creek Rd
>Sandpoint, Idaho 83864
>www.backwoodssolar.com

Get a Free T-Mobile Sidekick II plus $500 towards service!
Click here.
http://click.topica.com/caaduFNbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php