Thread problems... [RE-wrenches]

Nick Lucchese nickl at sierrasolar.com
Mon May 16 17:08:50 PDT 2005

Erase wrinkles without Botox! Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to
reduce wrinkles by 68% Click here to get your 30-day free supply.
http://click.topica.com/caadslIbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Nexiderm

Speaking of anti-sieze compound I'm curious to hear of other wrenches
methods to  getting the stuff on the hardware and not their hands. In
particular the little packets Unirac supplies with all their
hardware. I've emailed once with a recommendation for a nice little
syringe but never heard of anything back. Maybe not such a good idea
for a one time installer but for those of us ripping open half a
dozen of them per job a syringe would seem like an ideal applicator.
Anyone know of such a thing? Something easier I'm not thinking of? I
know I should be wearing my gloves more often but the inconvenience
comes from more than just a dirty hands perspective. Jim, do you have
a product name for the brush-in-can style you're referring to? Sounds
like it's the same formula with the finely powered nickel grayish
color.

  As always thanks for the collective knowledge,

Nick A Lucchese
Sierra Solar Systems & Planet Home
Grass Valley, CA

>Some grades of aluminum we referred to as recycled beer cans because it
>was so "sticky" when machined. And with the boatloads of imported metals
>coming to our shores, you have no idea what the purity of the metal is.
>Anyway, spend a few bucks on a can of anti-sieze compound and it will be
>the best money spent since your cordless drill. The good stuff has
>finely powdered nickel in a petro based grease. It only takes a tiny
>amount applied with the brush-in-can to insure that the threads won't
>gall. Even with some contamination it makes a big difference.
>It will also make any torque readings much more accurate.
>BTW It's the only type of lubrication you should ever put on threads
>unless the manufacturer says different.
>Jim Duncan
>North Texas Renewable Energy Inc
>Fort Worth, Texas

Get both the MiFi XM Satellite Radio and an Apple iPod for Free!
http://click.topica.com/caadtaJbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com