Water storage tank. [RE-wrenches]

David Palumbo, Independent Power & Light ipl at sover.net
Thu May 12 06:32:44 PDT 2005

Get a Free T-Mobile Sidekick II plus $500 towards service!
Click here.
http://click.topica.com/caaduFNbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

Anyone have a recommendation on a type of tank for storing water for a
gravity fed system. This is a watering system for a nursery. Looking for a
large tank, but I have no idea how big a tank is available. 2,000 gallons?
Larger?
Their watering needs are modest at 1,200 to 1,600 gallons per "dry" day.

It looks like that we will be using a Dankoff Slowpump (static water level
is above grade, artesian , 10gpm) 4gpm pump with one 175W Shell module.
Should yield 1,400 gpd (good solar day). I had hoped to sell them a Grundfos
SQ Flex system, but the owner thinks the price was too high ($5K included
350W pv with rack, labor not included). That depends on the price of the
tank setup, as the SQ Flex I designed was going to utilize a pressure tank
instead of the gravity fed system.

The nursery owner is talking about not burying the tank, but enclosing it
some kind of structure to keep the sun off of it.

I am checking local farm suppliers on tanks. Any recommendations on what to
look for and pricing ball parks?

Dave

Get both the MiFi XM Satellite Radio and an Apple iPod for Free!
http://click.topica.com/caadtaJbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com