PSR shelf kits (opened box) [RE-wrenches]

bbassett at rockisland.com bbassett at rockisland.com
Fri Apr 1 16:59:23 PST 2005

Is your PC running at 100%? Check your PC's health in 2 minutes!
http://click.topica.com/caadlAsbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC Health Check

I've thought that there would be a market for a nice battery box that
held 4 group 8D batteries. Do many of you spec such battery banks for
backup systems? Would a disconnect in it be useful?

Brad
AEE
geoff at third-sun.com wrote:

> Sorry...  another case of "it would be handy to have some mechanism to
> handle these things"...
>
> After a disasterously frustrating attempt at fitting 4 Concord 250 AH
> batts
> in an Outback PSR... (it looked doable in the catalog's picture) I
> learned
> that I couldn't fit the damn batteries in the damn PSR after all.... the
> batteries were not wide enough to span the gap in the shelf and needed
> the
> 1/2" thick shelf strut... and with that, 4 would not fit.  I assembled
> that
> damn PSR 4 times....
>
> Field work around:took out the 2 extra shelf kits and double stacked the
> batteries and all's well that ends well... (they will float and I'm not
> worried about heat dissapation)
>
> I know steel recycles, but please contact me off list if you are
> interested
> in 1 or 2 PSR shelf kits... opened, installed, repackaged with complete
> hardware kits (cheap).
>
> For a brighter energy future,
>
> Geoff Greenfield
> NABCEP Certified Energy Practitioner
>
> THIRD SUN SOLAR & WIND POWER Ltd.
> 340 West State Street
> Athens, OH 45701
>
> www.third-sun.com
> (740) 597-3111

Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
http://click.topica.com/caadlVAbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com