SPAM-LOW: Pics of PV in Germany [RE-wrenches]

Jim Duncan ntrei at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 14 07:28:54 PST 2005

Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
http://click.topica.com/caadeMjbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

Joel Davidson wrote:

> 3. Solar grade silicon prices have not peaked. Most big silicon
> consumers like Sharp and Intel get what they need, but there's no new
> capacity for smaller PV companies trying to grow. Indian PV companies
> have a hard time finding silicon to continue to grow. Pot scrap and
> ingot heads and tails are no longer readily available.
************

I heard over a year ago that a Japanese company was planning to build a
silicon refinery (or whatever it's called) in the northwestern US. They
were listed on the Japanese Stock Market but not the US. Cheap electric
hydropower would be one incentive for that region.
Anybody ever hear of them actually coming online? I suspect they would
have had an inside line on the future of silicon if anyone would.
Jim Duncan
North Texas Renewable Energy Inc
Fort Worth, Texas

Get a FREE* 5 Megapixel Digital Camera - yours to keep!
http://click.topica.com/caadeMobz8Qcsbz9JC9f/5 Megapixel Digital Camera Promotion

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com