outback breakers [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Tue Feb 22 12:49:23 PST 2005

Like music?  Get a CD player on us. Click here.
http://click.topica.com/caadc7Zbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

Ray - I could not find the email you mentioned but will answer your
questions here since they were posted.

The higher surge values on the FX2024 are correct - the lower values you
saw were from the very early initial production units. The current
values for the FX2024 are 70 amp peak (1 mS) / 50 amp RMS (100 mS) /
4800 VA for 5 seconds.  I'll work on getting the old page pulled off the
website to prevent future confusion.

As far as what the minimum search watt setting we can detect - it
depends upon the load's characteristics actually.  CF lights draw very
odd current waverforms - particularly when starting - but our method of
detection works extremely well with them from my own personal
experience.  I have a very small 7 watt CF lamp that the FX detects
without any problem that I take to shows and trainings often - but I
have seen higher wattage (magnetic type ballast ) that were much harder
to detect.  My recommendation is go with the HF electronic type only
these days.

I think the experience you had with the last FX you tried may have been
due to the type of CF bulb or maybe it was a earlier serial number unit?
I am assuming you had a MATE to adjust the search mode setting
variables.

We will sell any dealer (we need references if we don't know you) one
MATE for their toolbox for 1/2 price of retail.  We also now have a
black square version (called the MATE2) which I recommend for portable
use as the back cover is attached with screws and the cable entry is
easier to access than the original oval version. Contact us directly if
you are interested.

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems
cfreitas at outbackpower.com
19009 62nd Ave NE
Arlington WA 98223 USA
Tel 360 435 6030
Fax 360 435 6019
www.outbackpower.com

Get a FREE* MP3 Player - yours to keep! Click Here Now!
http://click.topica.com/caac8uxbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/MP3 Player Giveaway

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com