Fronius Inverters [RE-wrenches]

Doug Pratt dmpratt at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 11 15:53:41 PST 2005

Show your pride with a free* USA T-shirt.  Click here to confirm
your address.
http://click.topica.com/caac8udbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

Jeff, I gotta admit I don't have hands-on experience with data collection
for this inverter yet, but they sure make it look easy. The comm boards just
plug into each inverter. There's serial Ethernet cable connections between
inverters, and then on to the logger. Their sales guys were by last week,
and after the frustrations some have experienced with uh... other Germanic
products... we had a lot of hard questions about data collection. It's
*supposed* to be plug and play, and the display software is a free download.

In-field failures (beyond shipping damage) is claimed at 0.1%. They're
charging a slightly premium price, for what's supposed to be a premium
product. I'd love to see (and hear about) some installations.

Cheers,
Doug Pratt
DC Power Systems