battery shoot-off [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Nelson sunwise at cheqnet.net
Wed Jan 5 10:01:39 PST 2005

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacYkHbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/MyDietPatches

From: John Blittersdorf, Cent. VT Solar & Wind [mailto:cvsolar at aol.com]

I have my battery capacity on my 6 year old L16G's set at about 68% of
rated ah capacity and it goes up and down from 50% to 100% fairly
accurately.

Greetings John -- I have never understood why trimetric recommended
setting battery capacity at something less than what the pack will
deliver.  Is this essentially another way from keeping folks from
over-discharging their battery or are you saying that the true capacity
isn't what they are rated at (and that's at C/20 and we typically don't
hit them that hard).

You also write: I have noticed lately that I am hitting 24 .1VDC at 60%
indicated on the e-meter so I need to push my rating down again.  I'll
try 55.

Isn't this just an indication that you have lost capacity and
efficiency?  I would have thought changing the battery efficiency from
94% to something like 89 would be a better way?  That said, doesn't the
Emeter track battery charge efficiency?

My Emeter and my Trimetric both drift if they don't get reset to 100%
fairly regularly.  I have a customer who has both a Link (early E) and a
Trimetric and they were tracking very close until he recently had
generator problems and hasn't hit 100% for a few weeks.  Now they are
reading way off, both from each other and from what is.

Thanks for your thoughts on this John.

Kurt Nelson

Get a Holy Bible for FREE!
http://click.topica.com/caacYkCbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PermissionData