FW: Outback MX60 question [RE-wrenches]

John McNicholas keypowerservices at comcast.net
Thu Dec 29 19:45:57 PST 2005

http://click.topica.com/caaegt3bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC PowerScan

Allen/Kelly,
I have gone through similar pain with MX60s on 72v array to 48v batteries;
on one system, two died in the #4100 series, then a third, #7454 (note that
number) also died. The last one I rebuilt on site with the new firmware and
has worked since 8/05. Since then its cooling fan died which I replaced. (It
sure would be nice if they recognized loss of cooling; I only found it,
before it burned up, when I leaned on it.) Also on that same system, two
FX2548s died, #4700 series. And just last week the HUB10 stopped polling
intermittently. Each time the Outback staff was quick to support me. And it
is still surely easier fixing a unit on site than sending it out. But since
my clients are on an island, it has been a major time loss for me for each
occurrence, which I can't recoup from the owner on a system less than a year
old. I have other Outback systems that have performed flawlessly. I
certainly hope they are past the 'growing' pains and have the quality
control issue mastered.
John

John McNicholas
Key Power Services, Inc.