PV and New Residential Construction [RE-wrenches]

Peter Parrish peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Mon Sep 26 18:23:12 PDT 2005

Get up to $1500.00 Fast and Easy!
No Credit Checks! No Paper Hassles! Nothing To Fax!
Apply Online and We'll Contact You Within the Hour!
http://click.topica.com/caadVJ0bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/911PaydayAdvance

Wrenches

I am working with a home under construction and we plan to deploy about
3,360W-STC of PV modules on three separate roof spaces. The client wants the
PV DC runs to be routed in the same manner as the branch circuit wiring:
drilling studs, routing Romex, etc. Inverter will be mounted on an outside
wall.

It would seem that once indoors, I can assume dry conditions and an ambient
of 40 deg C or less.

The two questions I have are:

"Can I use NM cable with adequate protection (i.e. 1.25" of stud or
otherwise metal protection plates) as long as I observe the 1.56x ampacity
correction?"

"Assuming that the j-box where I switch from say USE-2 to NM cable must be
indoors, how accessible must it be? Attic space okay? And are attics in
southern California rated at 40 deg or less?

Peter T. Parrish
California Solar Engineering, Inc.

http://click.topica.com/caadVJEbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PC PowerScan

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com