Battery bus bar source [RE-wrenches]

Randy Brooks Randy at BrooksSolar.com
Thu Aug 25 21:42:08 PDT 2005

Oreo's
Take our Nationwide Oreo Survey.
Receive a Free* Restaurant Gift card of your choice or a one year
supply of Oreo's. Hurry, limited time only!
http://click.topica.com/caadOvJbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/CookieSurvey

Wrenches,

I have a customer who already has four 12v inverter/chargers (ProSine
2.0) and 20 (!) 12v, 200ah, sealed batteries and wants me to wire up
the system to work with his generator.  I'm considering paralleling
four batteries together (because four fit on each shelf of the racking
system the customer already has) and then paralleling the five strings
to bus bars through a 250 amp fuse on each string.  Then connecting the
bus bars to an OutBack PSDC with 250 amp breakers for two inverters
(all he needs based on a load evaluation.)  4/0 cable throughout.
Where can I get 250 amp bus bar material, or do I need to make them
from copper bar?  Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks,

Randy Brooks
Brooks Solar, Inc.
Solar Power for People
140 Columbia View
Chelan, WA  98816
509-682-9646
info at BrooksSolar.com
www.BrooksSolar.com
Are you a lottery player?Play smarter! Improve your
odds  and detect winning patterns. Access the best
kept lottery secret on the Net. Easy to use!
http://click.topica.com/caadOubbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Lottery Vault

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com