Digest for RE-wrenches at topica.com, issue 1843 [RE-wrenches]

Windy Dankoff, Dankoff Solar windydankoff at mac.com
Wed Aug 3 08:24:21 PDT 2005

Need Emergency Cash? Get Up To $500 Now!
No Credit Checks, Easy & Fast Approval
Cash in you account Overnight!
http://click.topica.com/caadOurbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/911PaydayAdvance

On Aug 3, 2005, at 5:10 AM, RE-wrenches at topica.com wrote:

> -- Topica Digest --
>
> 	RE: Inverter Load Analysis
> 	By ellison at gisco.net
>
> 	free PV panels in NY
> 	By ellison at gisco.net
>
> 	Tejas lead
> 	By marco at pvthawaii.com
>
> 	Pellet Stoves ?
> 	By ozsolar at ipa.net
>
> 	Re: Pellet Stoves ?
> 	By michael.welch at homepower.com
>
> 	More String fusing: Fronius 5100
> 	By wrmiller at mpandc.com

> Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 08:36:29 -0400
> From: "Bob Ellison" <ellison at gisco.net>
> Subject: RE: Inverter Load Analysis [RE-wrenches]
>

> Ray,
> We don't get 6 hours of full sun in the summer! It is more like 4
> hours.
> In the winter it is in the 1 hour range. The charts don't show us here
> on the eastern end of Lake Ontario, they used to show Syracuse, NY (100
> miles south) at 2 hours but they somehow "disappeared" from the list 10
> years or so ago.
> I once calculated (with Traces program) that it would take me 80, 100
> watt panels to replace my 111 KW average per month electrical usage in
> the Dec - Jan time frame.
> Generator runtime is just a fact of life up here.
>
> Bob
>

> We always size for winter, but here that is still over 6 hrs of full
> sun
>
> per day average in January. If the budget can't handle it, we design to
> the
> budget with room to expand. The customer knows what he can or can't do,
> and
> uses the genny to make up the difference.
> Windy's spreadsheet show estimated genny run time, so we plug in our
> proposed # of modules and show the customer the run time for their
> choices.
>
> Ray
>

>> Jonathan-
>> Your comment about sizing for summer came as a surprise to me, as I
>> was
>
>> trained to design for winter.  I understand all too well the rationale
> for
>> doing so, as I have lost too many bids in the low-competition off-grid
>> market in my area.
>> Question to all off-grid Wrenches:  Do you do this as well?  If
> sometimes
>> - What (besides the clients budget) is your determining factor to
> design
>> summer vs winter?
>> Thanks
>> Barbra K Kerr
>

> - - - -
>
> Archive of previous messages:
>
> List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

> Hosted by Home Power magazine

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 09:53:35 -0400
> From: "Bob Ellison" <ellison at gisco.net>
> Subject: free PV panels in NY [RE-wrenches]
>

> I have been in contact with Ken Yoder and they are not sure at this
> [...]

Erase wrinkles without Botox! Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to
reduce wrinkles by 68% Click here to get your 30-day free supply.
http://click.topica.com/caadOvzbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Nexiderm

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com