waste solar thermal heat [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Thu May 26 07:57:05 PDT 2005

Take movies and games anywhere with a Free Playstation Portable!
http://click.topica.com/caadwPbbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

Wrenches,

I am getting about 7000 btu's per hour of waste heat per hour off the
solar thermal system now that summer is here. That 7000 ÷ 3413 (kWh)/BTU
yields some 2 kW/hour. In a 5 hour solar day that is some 10 kWh per day
that is being wasted. When I think of how hard our PV system works to
make 24 kWh a month, this wasted energy representing ~300 kWh a month
looks pretty sweet.

Does anyone know of any kinds of devices that could generate electrical
energy off waste thermal energy? I know some geothermal installations
use freon based generators since the gas boils at a low enough
temperature to run a mechanical generator. These are probably multi
megawatt units... I curious if anyone makes much smaller units?

Just wondering about how to capture more waste from our home system.

Todd
--
Todd Cory
KE6SXS
toddcory at finestplanet.com
Mt. Shasta Energy Services
License C-10 # 811428
P.O. Box 689
Mt. Shasta, CA. 96067
(530) 926-1079

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security,
unemployment insurance,
and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that
party again
in our political history.

There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do
these things. Among them are... a few... Texas oil millionaires, and an
occasional politician or business man from other areas.

Their number is negligible and they are stupid."

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1890-1969
   34th American President
   November 8th, 1954
   Excerpted from the Presidential Papers of Dwight D. Eisenhower:

Get a Free Sirius Satellite Package, don't pass on this!
http://click.topica.com/caadwPhbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com