Fw: Electrolysis Damage Story - Galvanic [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Mon May 16 10:26:10 PDT 2005

Get a Free T-Mobile Sidekick II plus $500 towards service!
Click here.
http://click.topica.com/caaduFNbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

Wrenches,
Partner Mark corrected me on my recent post about the electrolysis pole
damage. I used the wrong terminology. Here is the correction and
explanation:

> Oops, I FYI'd you on this earlier, but, galvanic corrosion is not the
correct term for this phenomenon. Leakage current electrolysis is the
correct term. Galvanic activity can be the source of electrical potential
responsible for the leakage current, but not in this case. Dissimilar metal
junctions can cause electrical potential, and consequently current, like a
thermocouple. Google stray current electrolysis for more info, good stuff
from marine and auto industries on galvanic activity causing electrolysis.

> Mark Drummond
> Positive Energy Inc.

Allan

Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
http://click.topica.com/caadtaFbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com