Battery Blunders -- call for photos and stories [RE-wrenches]

Windy Dankoff, Dankoff Solar windy at dankoffsolar.com
Fri Apr 8 14:14:41 PDT 2005

Is your PC running slow? Try a FREE PC Health Check today!
http://click.topica.com/caadlCkbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC Health Check

Wrenches,

First, thanks for many contributions that have now resulted in
completion of an article on grounding & lightning protection, soon to
be printed in Home Power (that was a year ago, but now that I'm
retired, I have time to work  :-)

Now, I'm planning an article "Top 10 Battery Blunders".

I'm asking for stories, examples, suggestions, and especially PHOTOS.
You will be credited in the article, of course.

TOP 10 BATTERY BLUNDERS  (draft list)
Undersized for the job, or for anticipated expansion
Three or more parallel strings, especially without bus bars.
Lack of corrosion prevention
Lack of sufficient monitoring system
Wrong battery type or wrong charge control scheme for standby batteries
Lack of low-voltage shutoff
Difficult access for maintenance
Lack of maintenance schedule
Owner misunderstanding about charge requirements (esp. keeping them low
for extended periods)
Wrong voltage settings for the type of battery used (esp. too low for
flooded batts)

I look forward to some dirty pictures!

Windy

Personals at Meeting Friends Online.
Find your perfect partner...We’re here to help.
Click below to register for FREE and start connecting!
http://click.topica.com/caadmZ5bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/MeetingFriendsOnline

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com