where to to tie in? [RE-wrenches]

Marco Mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Fri Mar 4 20:04:37 PST 2005

2-Day Tax Refund Loans TaxBrain Online Tax Service Get Started
Now!
http://click.topica.com/caadeMnbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/TaxBrain

I'm working on a proposal for a 80 kW array and am trying to determine the
appropriate spot for the utility tie-in.  The best spot appears to be the
800A main service disco.  The rating of the panel where the 800A breaker is
1200A.  So, the max input amperage from the PV system can be 400 so as not
to overload the busbar.  My question: where to tie in with my, say, 75 kW
Ballard output at this 800A disco/1200A panel?  Two choices, right? A hot
tap on the line side of the breaker/busbar or on the load side of said
breaker.  Any suggestions or directions to appropriate sections of the NEC?
Finally, any of youse guys and gals have any experience with the 75 kW
Ballard inverter good, bad or ugly?

aloha,
marco

Marco Mangelsdorf
President
ProVision Technologies, Inc.
69 Railroad Avenue, A-7
Hilo, Hawai'i 96720
(808) 969-3281, 934-7462 facsimile
www.provisiontechnologies.com

Get a FREE* 5 Megapixel Digital Camera - yours to keep!
http://click.topica.com/caadeMobz8Qcsbz9JC9f/5 Megapixel Digital Camera Promotion

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com