A real stumper--Grid-tied system no longer grid-ties [RE-wren ches] [RE-wre

Barbra Kerr bkerr at energy-exchange.org
Fri Feb 18 18:31:25 PST 2005

Repair corrupt files and harmful errors - protect your PC Take a
2-minute PC health check-up at no charge!
http://click.topica.com/caadaSrbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC Powerscan

Tom -

Assuming this is an intermittent problem:

Once we found that the bussing was poor in the breaker location of the
panel.  We moved the breaker to another location within the panel and found
the system to operate properly.  It would also be possible that if the
bussing was damaged or very old that small fracture in the bussing would be
"visible" during periods of contraction and expansion (cold & heat).  Does
there appear to be a "pattern" or time of day when err message shows up?  Is
it consistently failing at this point?

With only 3' of wire , I would pull it and check it for abrasions/insulation
knics - although I would have expected a different type of err message.

Good luck with it.
Kindest regards.

Barbra K. Kerr
President