Roof Standoffs [RE-wrenches]

Mark Byington markbyington at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 23 10:38:54 PST 2005

"Also, regarding roof standoffs, I prefer the DPW Power Posts.   They have
two mounting holes and are much more stable than the others.  The only
flashing I've found that really works with them is the Oatey.  I have only
used the Oatey for a few years so I can not comment on longevity."

Folks, I seriously don't recommend Oatey.  The rubber is very thin and won't hold up over time.  When we put in a PV system, we think "25 years with no problems."  PV needs to have this kind of lengevity and reliability to gain mainstream acceptance.  You need a thicker rubber boot to last that long.  We use DPW Power Posts, and a low profile galvanized flashing for a 1.5" pipe, and a good quality rubber rain boot that fits the Power Post tightly and sits on top of and over the cone of the flashing.  IPS makes a good line of rubber boots.  Go to www.ipscorp.com and check out the RC5 or the LPC-1.

Mark
Cobalt Power Systems

Show your pride with a free* USA T-shirt.  Click here to confirm
your address.
http://click.topica.com/caac48Tbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PermissionData

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php