high voltage systems without dc discos [RE-wrenches]

Nick Soleil APS at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Mon Dec 13 17:11:02 PST 2004

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacVmibz8Qcsbz9JC9a/MyDietPatches

Hello Jerry:
         I think you should keep the DC Disconnect, but I think that some
clarification is required.  The Sharp JH-3500U inverter does not include a
DC disconnect which is rated for disconnecting under load.  The inverter
needs a separate disconnect, and it is supposed to be fused, because the
inverter could allow a short circuit from the AC side to be conducted on
the DC side.  The Xantrex's new 3000 watt inverter includes the DC
Disconnect, which is rated for disconnecting under load, and the disconnect
enclosure can be separated from the inverter enclosure for
servicing.  Therefore, a separate DC disconnect is not preferred for the
new Xantrex inverter, but it would be for the Sharp or Fronius inverters.

At 04:15 PM 12/13/2004, you wrote:

>Wrenches,
>
>A selling point being given to us for the "other"
>(sharp, fronius, xantrex) high voltage string
>inverters is that we don't need an external high
>voltage DC disconnect due to the one being provided on
>board the inverter.
>
>While in the process of giving competing quotes when I
>know my competitors are specifiying the newer
>inverters, I have been tempted to not include a DC
>disco to keep my price as low as possible.  But when I
>think of the inevitable swap out(s) over the life of
>the system, I can't bring myself to jeopardize the
>safety of future techs who will be performing the
>swaps.  I'm acually ok with the thought of myself
>taping off wires and pulling an inverter off the wall.
>  The lack of control I have over what others may do
>down the line is what bothers me.
>
>Does anyone feel differently?  Are wrenches intalling
>high voltage systems without discos?
>
>=====
>Jerry Caldwell
>NABCEP Certified PV Installer
>Light Energy Systems
>965 Detroit Ave
>Concord, CA 94518
>
>925-680-4343 office
>510-205-2798 mobile
>

>__________________________________
>
>- - - -
>
>Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/read
>
>List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php
>
>Check out participant bios: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/
>
>Hosted by Home Power magazine

Win a Lexus RX330! Class and beauty rolled up in an SUV! Drive
your family this winter in style. Make it yours! Click below and
sign up now!
http://click.topica.com/caacVl3bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Vente

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php