DC Zone pumps (was Filtering EMF/RF noise) [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Sat Dec 11 18:25:46 PST 2004

Win a Lexus RX330! Class and beauty rolled up in an SUV! Drive
your family this winter in style. Make it yours! Click below and
sign up now!
http://click.topica.com/caacVl3bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Vente

Hi Jeff/Brad,
This is responding only to part of your post, as I haven't dealt with RF
noise from El-Sid pumps (or needed to). I have five 24V pumps on five
hydronic loops in my own home, along with one March 809BR on the primary
loop. They have been in for about two years. Mine are relatively quiet; I
know it's subjective, but nobody in my family has ever commented on "pump
noise" as an issue, and they're in a laundry/mechanical room out in the
open. I find them quiet, even when all are running. The boiler exhaust fan
is much louder. Nothing special about my installation; standard copper
clamped to UniStrut. Mine are in horizontal orientation; a photo of the
setup is at http://www.positiveenergysolar.com/hydronic.html.

I like the LEDs, as it allows for quick troubleshooting, and I sometimes
check out the rack of pumps before I go to bed to see if a non-programmable
t-stat in the kids' rooms zone was left too high; the indicators make it
easy.  The LEDs also help with troubleshooting a stuck impeller. Twice in
this time a pump has stopped from a speck of grit; each time a rap with a
screwdriver handle solved it. Very small head, flow, and power use (14W), so
I can live with this limit.

I'm basically happy with the pumps and would use them again.
Allan at PosE