PV power tolerance [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Wed Oct 13 13:32:45 PDT 2004

AMDEdge offers tech tips, news & info to keep you on the leading
edge of PC performance with AMD64 technology.  Join AMDEdge free
NOW for members-only content, promos & updates!
http://click.topica.com/caacKfybz8Qcsbz9JC9a/AMDEdge

Thanks Randy, Doug, & Bill for responding;

As usual there is not a complete consensus, but for my purposes, I'll just
use the large framed panel warranty of 80% rated power at 20 years. All of
your info seems to  agree on that.
  The little laminate modules (regardless of brand) seem to deteriorate
horribly in the UV at this altitude. I won't hold any manufacturer to that
junk, but I Do wish they'd quit selling it. The plastic yellows, then
cracks, then delaminates and allows moisture into the solder joints. Total
time in the field: 2 to 3 years. Imagine if our big installs did that?

Thanks again, (I love this list)

Ray

>Ray, all UniSolar rigid-framed modules, 25 watts and up are rated to
>deliver within 10% of rated output at 10 years, and within 20% of rated
>output at 20 years. Smaller rigid-frames are just 10% at 10 years.
>Marine modules (soft frame) are 10% at 3 years. Peel 'n stick modules
>for metal roofing are 20% @ 20 years *if* installation is supervised by
>a licensed installer. (Gotta take one of their classes for that.)
>
>Cheers,
>Doug Pratt

Like music? Get a CD Player here
http://click.topica.com/caacJzebz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PermissionData