PV power tolerance [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Mon Oct 11 11:18:02 PDT 2004

Click here for your Golden Tee CD ROM
http://click.topica.com/caacJzobz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

Graham,

Not sure where the number 76% came from (maybe in the UK this is common),
but I think that would be for a VERY poorly designed system in the U.S. Not
to say that we don't have a plethora of them in the field, but a
well-designed system should have an Average Annual Efficiency of between
85-90%. It is very difficult to break the 90% barrier with 94% peak
efficient inverters. There is lots of U.S. data to back up these numbers.

Bill.