pouring concrete [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Sun Sep 26 15:51:41 PDT 2004

Give your opinion on Abortion and Win!
http://click.topica.com/caacERNbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

Hi Joe,

A pump truck is how I would do it.  Around here we pay $120/hr for the
smallest rigs plus a few dollars per yard with a minimum of $300.  They can
pump 6 yrds quickly so if one has to drive an hour or so one way you might
still get by with the minimum.  They really make pouring concrete easier,
much easier than your alternative.  You'll loose about a 1/2 yard of
concrete which will all need to get pumped someplace on the jobsite while
the pump truck cleans out.  That might be a challenge for you.

You could rent or contract a skid loader with rubber tracks which really
spreads the load out to deliver it from the truck to the footing but that
would still tear the yard up when it turns(skids).

Travis Creswell
Ozark Energy Services, Inc.