9300 Pressure system [RE-wrenches]

Nick Lucchese nickl at sierrasolar.com
Wed Sep 15 12:22:22 PDT 2004

Do you live vicariously through Reality TV? Let us know and win!
http://click.topica.com/caacDv1bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

Greetings Doug,
  Thanks for the reply and experiences. Been selling these pumps for
PV direct (and sometimes battery direct) for years but pressurizing
applications are not the usual design. Thank you for the suggestions,
I'll pass them along to the customer and file them in the middle of
my brain somewhere.

Thanks again, Nick

>Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
>Sponsor a child today through Children International.
>Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
>For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
>http://click.topica.com/caacBBFbz8Qcsbbdj4Fa/ChildrenInternational
>
>Hi Nick,
>
>I've done pressure systems around the 9300 a few times either because of
>limited water availability (the 9300 is real tolerant of running dry),
>very limited water needs, or limited funds from the customer. This pump
>will only recharge at 1.0 to 1.5 gpm, so the customer really needs a BIG
>pressure tank. 100 gallon is good. And the pressure switch needs to kick
>on while there's still a fair amount of water reserve in the tank. Set
>your tank at 20 psi (empty), and your pressure switch at 23-25 psi for
>instance. Make sure the customer understands what he's got, and what to
>realistically expect. It's workable, but long teenage showers could be a
>problem, and watering the garden certainly would be a problem.
>
>Cheers,
>Doug Pratt
>Real Goods Technical Editor

Should School Prayer be mandatory? Give us your opinion and win.
http://click.topica.com/caacDvTbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PermissionData

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com