SMA long distance Grid tie [RE-wrenches]

Dean T. Newberry deant at dcn.org
Sun Sep 5 18:21:20 PDT 2004

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacBBBbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/MyDietPatches

Hi y'All,
We use the LA 320-R on the AC side to clamp transients from the utility
side. I have one on my house. We haven't used the LA600 on Sunnyboy's
because the short circuit voltage of the LA600 is 450V. Check yourself
at http://www.deltala.com/prod03.htm.  Many Sunnyboy configurations
exceed that voltage in normal operation.  Double lugging is a problem,
contact the switch manufacturer to get a letter authorizing double lugging.
The LA600 might be a good addon for the PvPowered 380 V inverters, and
Sunnyboy's where the VOC is less than 450.
The LA 1503 is a 750 V clamp, and might be a good all round PV surge
supressor.
I sent them an inqiry regarding their products used with PV systems.

cul  deant

Marco Mangelsdorf wrote:

>Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
>Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
>FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
>http://click.topica.com/caacBBEbz8QcsbdulIia/OmahaSteaks
>
>JB,
>Thanks for the thoughtful and comprehensive response.  Why wait until after
>the inspector has done his/her thing to put in a LA600 series SOV?  To not
>too confuse the poor inspector?
>
>aloha,
>marco
>ProVision
>
>- Increased susceptibility to lightning damage due to longer "antenna"
>on dc side
>(I can't recommend the use of unlisted equipment but I have heard some
>installers have installed DELTA LA600 series surge arrestors in the DC
>disconnects near the inverters after the inspector has done their job)
>
>Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
>Amazing Diet Patch
>The fastest - Easiest way to lose weight! Try it now FREE!
>http://click.topica.com/caacBBBbz8QcsbdulIif/MyDietPatches
>
>- - - -
>
>Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/read
>
>List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm
>
>Check out participant bios: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/
>
>Hosted by Home Power magazine

*Quantum Energy Group*
/Your renewable energy systems integrator.../

*www.quantumcenergy.com* <http://http://mjdsolar.com/>
www.talbottsolar.com <javascript:NEWPAGE()>
	Dean T. Newberry
http://click.topica.com/caacBBEbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/OmahaSteaks