SMA long distance Grid tie [RE-wrenches]

Nick Soleil APS at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Fri Sep 3 14:47:18 PDT 2004

Save on inkjet and toner, and get free shipping on orders over $50.
http://click.topica.com/caacBBybz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Inksoutlet

Re: SMA long distance Grid tie [RE-wrenches]

Hello Jeff and William:
             I don't think adding transformers is a good idea.  I did an
analysis once, and I received efficiency curves from Acme Transformers.  A
single 100A 240/480 VAC transformer would loose as much as  4% under full
load, and the unit would loose 70 watts continuously while sitting at
rest.  Two is twice as bad.

Adding to that... let's suppose (2) 15 kW transformers and assume
1% loss in each transformer. That works out to: 7.2 kWh/day (!!).
If the solar array has an output of 13 kW and 65 kWh/day, the
transformer losses alone eat up 11% of the production. Even with
12-hour night time shut down, the transformers would eat 5.5%.
I have a hard time seeing how you would justify transformers in
this situation..

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacBBBbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/MyDietPatches

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com