Satellite Internet query [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Mon Aug 23 09:18:23 PDT 2004

Need cash fast? Get a $500 CASH ADVANCE overnight! Let
YourCashCentral get you the cash you need.
http://click.topica.com/caacxycbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/MyOnlinePayday

We've had Starband for over two years and like it lots. We have the
older 360 Modem and have no problem with multiple computers on line
and accessing the Internet at the same time. It's just a question of
using one PC as a server and assigning each computer it's own static
IP address. With us, the only PC in the house is the one serving up
the Starband and the rest are all Macs. You need two Ethernet cards.
One to connect the modem to the PC and one to connect the PC to your
network switch.
Heavy rain or snow does affect the signal, sometimes to the point of
losing it altogether. The rain could be at your place OR at the
downlink site. I believe that is Virginia for Starband. I suspect
that Direcway has the same troubles with atmospherics.
There are three other Starband users in the neighborhood and all are
happy with the service overall. One thing that we've all found is
that the quality of the installation (read installer) is critical.
Someone who knows what they're doing and can get you a good aim at
the bird makes it all good.
Best, bob-o

Sponsor a child today through Children International.
Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
http://click.topica.com/caacvgobz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ChildrenInternational

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com