Troubleshooting Atlantis Sunslates- full Isc with little/no Imp [RE-wrenche

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Tue Aug 10 12:53:26 PDT 2004

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacvgtbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/MyDietPatches

Nick,
I'm not sure what you are asking for here. A check on your
methodology or our opinion that the Sunslates are trashed and we
agree with you?
Personally, I've stayed away from the slates until they prove
themselves. Sounds like "not ready for prime time" yet, based on your
experiences and others I seem to recall.
Likely some of the slates are bad. Just one or two in a string could
be bogus and still show good Voc and Isc. Since you have a combiner
box, can you /have you tested the strings while hooked up to the
battery individually? That will give you a better picture of the
current out of the string under load. To find the individual rotters,
you'll pretty much have to do a individual slate voltage test while
hooked to the battery. You'll likely find the rotter has low voltage
while it's neighbor is going high. That sort of test seems like a
hell of a lot of work given you've got 24 in a string and the
freakin' things are screwed down to boot.
So I can see why you'd ask for a full replacement. My question is:
who pays for the re-roofing job? Sunslate or you?
Good Luck, Bob-O

--
Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection
PO Box 203, Hornbrook, CA 96044

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caacvgpbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/OmahaSteaks

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm