Approximate age please..... [RE-wrenches]

Dean T. Newberry deant at dcn.org
Mon Aug 2 19:35:05 PDT 2004

Get a Great Credit Card for You Today
You can find a credit card to fit your credit needs.
All types of credit cards -- 0% APRs, Rewards, & Bad Credit.
http://click.topica.com/caacvgubz8Qcsbz9JC9a/411Web

Hi y'All
Johnny Hill at Sierra Solar sold lots of that vintage ARCO modules.
His URL is http://www.sierrasolar.com/

cul  deant

Windy Dankoff, Dankoff Solar wrote:

> Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
> Get a Great Credit Card for You Today You can find a credit card to
> fit your credit needs.  All types of credit cards -- 0% APRs, Rewards,
> & Bad Credit.
> http://click.topica.com/caacvgubz8QcsbdulIia/411Web
>
> John,
>
> Are they 1 X 4 foot modules?
>
> What is the model number?
>
> Windy
>

> On Aug 2, 2004, at 5:01 PM, Dan Rice wrote:
>

>> John,
>>     Sounds like you have Arco M-51's, although, from my old notes,
>> the Arco
>> 16-2300 was very similar if not identical. If it's either of these,
>> they're
>> 35 mono-crystalline cell modules -two outside rows of 12 cells and
>> one row
>> of 11 cells in between. In the Home Power archive, Issue 36 (Aug/Sept
>> 1993),
>> P.1 shows an  AEE ad listing "10 year old M-51 modules from a Washington
>> State Utility Company." That would place production sometime around
>> 1983.
>> The ad pictures something that looks potentially correct, though it
>> lists
>> them as 36-cell (the photo image looks like a 33 cell 16-2000, but it
>> also
>> looks like it's been cut off at the bottom). The ad also claims peak
>> output
>> of 2.4 A @ 16.5V, which is close to 40 W. The M-51's I saw were not
>> labelled
>> with performance specs.
>>     Home Power Issue 33, page 24, shows a photo of the inside of the
>> M-51
>> J-box I believe you're referring to. The caption on the photo begins
>> "This
>> ancient module has one of the finest junction boxes we surveyed." I
>> guess 10
>> years old meant "ancient" back then. Now that's just broken in.
>>     The 16-2300's I saw were labeled by Arco with the model number
>> (16-2300), but they're identical to the M-51 in size, number of
>> cells, and
>> J-box. The only two I've seen were re-labeled  "Tested and warranted by
>> Dankoff Solar Products, Santa Fe, NM. Nominal Volts 12, Amps: 2.2, Peak
>> Power 33 watts at 16 volts." Windy may remember back that far; it's
>> before
>> my time in this line of work.
>>     BTW, I recently had need to find data on Shell SQ-80 modules (last
>> year's model, not the new "P" version). Shell has seen fit to delete web
>> access to data sheets for all of their products except current
>> production.
>> They claim that providing spec sheets on modules that are no longer
>> available caused too much confusion among web site visitors. Never
>> mind that
>> wrenches might actually want to match their new products to last years'
> [...]

*Quantum Energy Group*
/Your renewable energy systems integrator.../

*www.quantumcenergy.com* <http://http://mjdsolar.com/>
www.talbottsolar.com <javascript:NEWPAGE()>
	Dean T. Newberry
Amazing Diet Patch