Solar near Airports [RE-wrenches]

Dean T. Newberry deant at dcn.org
Mon Jul 19 15:22:19 PDT 2004

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacoW6bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/MyDietPatches

Hi y'All,
I checked this afternoon with Bill Raugh at SMA and he said their
inverters are FCC conpliant. The Engineer at the Naval Institute
suggested that the inverter was the transmitter and the DC wiring to the
modules was the antenna. I worked with John Wiles on the subject, and he
agreed that using metallic raceway for the DC run from the modules to
the Inverter would attenuate most of the problem. Untested is the
intermodule wiring it too could be an RF antenna. In signal
communication wiring the method for reducing RFI is to use twisted
pairs. I suppose the DC+ and DC- pairs could be field twisted to
minimize their RFI.

cul  deant

Ray Walters wrote:

> Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
> Get a Great Credit Card for You Today You can find a credit card to
> fit your credit needs.  All types of credit cards -- 0% APRs, Rewards,
> & Bad Credit.
> http://click.topica.com/caacpgdbz8QcsbdulIia/411Web
>
> Thanks all;
>
> Looks like I dug up a good topic. First, this installation is not on
> airport property, it is not a large airport, and my installation is
> not subject to the scrutiny that some of your previous installations
> had. (This is next door is a 30 ft two way radio transmitter for
> instance). So basically Bill is saying don't put the inverter on board
> the aircraft, and John is saying that every install I have done is a
> potential hazard to low flying aircraft. I am very interested in this.
> Lets cut to the chase, which inverters have FCC compliance, and which
> have serious interference problems. Can we talk brands and models now?
> Also, for watt-sun trackers, I agree with your comments William. I
> replaced Watt-Sun controllers damaged from lightning many times. This
> site will be under my watchful eye, so any failures will only last a
> day or two at most. As for accuracy, I used these on concentrator
> systems that required extreme accuracy. I've found the Watt-suns do
> the job right out of the box. I have not experienced the sensor
> degradation problem.
>
> Ray
>

>> Ray:
>>
>> My experience with Watt-sun trackers is that they work great, when
>> they work.  I've sent each controller I've installed back more than
>> once for repair.  I suggest you find out independently (not from
>> someone on the list wanting to promote them) if they are any more
>> reliable these days than they used to be.
>>
>> Also, if the tracking is not completely accurate, you could be
>> reflecting towards the shadow, not right at it, exacerbating the
>> problem, right?
>>
>> William Miller
>

> Ray Walters
> ray at solarray.com
> President, SolarRay, Inc.
> NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer
> BS Mechanical Engineering, UT Austin 88
> Returned US Peace Corps Volunteer
> Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
> Amazing Diet Patch
> The fastest - Easiest way to lose weight! Try it now FREE!
> http://click.topica.com/caacoW6bz8QcsbdulIif/MyDietPatches
>
> - - - -
>
> Archive of previous messages:
>
> List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

> Hosted by Home Power magazine

Apply now for a No-Annual-Fee Discover® Platinum Card
0% Intro APR*, No Annual Fee, Up to 2% Cashback Bonus®
award* Start Saving Today – APPLY NOW! It's fast, easy and
secure.
http://click.topica.com/caacpgwbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/DiscoverCard

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm