square-wave inverter vs the world [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Mon Jun 14 22:18:39 PDT 2004

Apply now for a No-Annual-Fee Discover® Platinum Card
0% Intro APR*, No Annual Fee, Up to 2% Cashback Bonus®
award* Start Saving Today – APPLY NOW! It's fast, easy and
secure.
http://click.topica.com/caaciqQbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Discover Card

Dave & Ray,

Keep in mind that the die-cast aluminum chassis of the FX was designed
to be usable to a variety of applications - such as marine, military,
portable, temporary as well as hard conduit NEC compliant installations.
 Making something meet so many requirements always compromises some
aspect of the design - but, if done right, still works reasonably well
for all the applications.

David Palumbo wrote:
> The OutBack is pretty good in this regard, but only when combined with
> the AC Adapter and the PS Box, then you have the necessary room to
> operate. The FX by itself is not good on the AC wiring end.

The removable AC wiring compartment plate was a solution for cord
connected installations (SOJ or similar - or flex conduit) and allows
for easy removal of the wiring and very compact dimensions (which is
critical for some installations).

For more fixed installations add the ACA box and you now have two side
K.O.s, two breaker mounting locations or an AC outlet location and one
breaker.  Or add the PS2AC or a standard AC load center/disconnect.

> Yep the manual situation is lamentable. I know they are working on
> product but a good manual is required.

There has been a new manual out and posted on our website since the
start of the month - Revision 6 - which is much better and covers all of
the units.  Still some corrections and changes in the works on this
version - thanks to all for your patience and contributions.

> I use OutBack 95% of the time now. They work great, are reliable and
> their service has been top notch. You actually can speak to very
> knowledgeable people on the phone.

I am very pleased to hear Dave say this as he was a challenging initial
customer - which we actually really do appreciate -  he (and others)
helped tremendously to make the FX a better product.

Thanks from all of us here at OutBack.

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas @ outbackpower.com
www.outbackpower.com
Arlington WA USA
Tel 360 435 6030

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaciqTbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ExpertCity

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm