New Construction/Standoff/LowProfile Flashing [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Fri Jun 4 14:00:00 PDT 2004

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaciqTbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ExpertCity

At 01:57 AM 6/4/2004, you wrote:

>Not sure why you can't find rafters with your cathedral roof system. Are the
>rails running parallel to the rafters rather than perpendicular? 20" is
>pushing it for roof damming and 28" is too much in my understanding. If
>memory serves me correctly, our building code in North Carolina required a
>cricket (wedge-shaped waterway) above anything that was greater than 18"
>wide. I would think hard before making it a SOP so it won't FLOP;-).

Bill:

Sorry if I wasn't clear on the finding rafters point:  We can find them,
they just don't line up with the feet on the DPW racks.  The two tier 10
module rack has 49" spacing between feet (go figure), but even for racks
with 48" or 72" feet spacing, you put two side by side with an
aesthetically pleasing narrow gap, it is unlikely the feet on the second
rack will hit rafters.  And this is assuming the rafters don't wander by 2
or 3 inches, making it hard to hit them on the first rack...

The 28" is the length we need to span two rafters spaced at 24" and have
enough length past the holes to allow that good surface area for
caulking.  BTW, this roof is half at 16" OC and half at 24" OC.  24" is
most common in these parts.

So, as we develop this new process, I too worry about water damming.  Maybe
a 6" section of strut on each rafter, bridged by sections of strut long
enough to span two rafters.  Still pondering this.  I am always
appreciative of the input I get here, even if it ruins a perfectly good idea!

William Miller

Give Your Team Access to Their PCs from Anywhere. Increase
productivity with a secure remote-access solution from
GoToMyPC Pro. Stay in touch with your office. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaciqXbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ExpertCity

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com