Wind Turbines with Windy Boy Inverter [RE-wrenches]

John Berdner jberdner at sma-america.com
Wed May 26 14:46:10 PDT 2004

Looking for a Promotional or Marketing Gift? Discover
Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls. It's
the creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy
customized with your corporate image!
http://click.topica.com/caaceBcbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

John / Wrenches:

At the present time AWP or Proven are the only companies with turbines
that work with the WIndy Boy.  Both SWWP and Bergey have had sample
Windy Boy units for quite some time but, to date, neither of them have
elected to move forward with turbines for Windy Boy. I assume they are
both trying to develop their own in house solutions that might be
available at some undetermined future date.  For now just use AWP or
Proven.

Best Regards,

John Berdner

Jeremy,

I've been asking around myself a bit. I asked SMA, and they said that
I'd
need to contact the individual wind turbine manufacturers to find out,

which I've done. Maybe John B. might want to say more here in that
regard
from SMA's perspective?

Bergey told me that they're going to have a product package to adapt
the
XL.1 for direct grid tie sometime later this year.

I've emailed SWWP twice, no response yet. Guess it's time to call if I

want to find out more. There was a publicly released article on
solaraccess.com a few weeks ago that said that SWWP was coming out with
new 2KW direct grid-tie package that they had co-developed with NREL
(or
something like that). Maybe that meant that NREL had done the testing,
I'm
not sure. I haven't seen anything from SWWP themselves talking about
this
new product, though, and they don't respond to my emails.

That's what I know to date,

John Raynes
RE Solar
Torrey, UT
www.re-solar.com

At 02:53 PM 5/26/04 -0600, you wrote:

>Hi All,
>Does anyone know of a small wind turbine that will function properly
with
>SMA's Windy Boy besides AWP?
>I suppose one would otherwise have to use a battery based inverter to
grid
>interconnect, correct?
>Jeremy
>All Solar

Give Your Team Access to Their PCs from Anywhere. Increase
productivity with a secure remote-access solution from
GoToMyPC Pro. Stay in touch with your office. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaccMVbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ ExpertCity

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com