Sanyo panels [RE-wrenches]

Bruce Geddes b.geddes at clear.net.nz
Mon May 10 14:48:00 PDT 2004

Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
http://click.topica.com/caaccMMbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Sharebuilder

Hello All,
                It is initially pleasant to find that panels exceed
nameplate specs but there can be a downside to this also.

If you do a design that is getting close to the edge it is possible that max
power or current limits on various items of equipment may be exceeded.

An example could be using A-Si panels.  One web page I visited had a 54W
panel that had a maximum power output of 72W and a "stabilised" power of
54W, conditions not specified.  Too bad if you design around 54W output per
panel and put in your array on a nice sunny day.  It could take several
charge controllers before the array "stabilises".

I would prefer to see manufacturers get QC under control so what they print
on the label is accurate.  I know that A-Si panels have this rapid decline
for the first two years and then it slows but that means that in the case
above your other equipment must be sized 50% larger to survive initially.

Cheers,
Bruce Geddes
PowerOn