Outback Inverters [RE-wrenches]

Doug Pratt dmpratt at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 12 17:00:50 PDT 2004

Your opinion counts! We’re conducting a survey for a
computer service/repair company. When you complete our
survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
ten $100 prizes. Just click
http://click.topica.com/caab6PVbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Val Rad
I've got one grid-tied FX...two actually, but only one is on the wall at
the moment. I've been doing some intertie beta testing...and you all
should be glad that Outback is really trying to comb out all the bugs!
I'm on my third generation of software now. Each generation has worked,
but there's a big difference in how much better the most recent
generation works. It's delivering about 10-15% more watt-hours to the
grid than the first generation managed. And there's no damn buzzing! I
never realized how annoying that SW buzz is till we started running the
FX on one leg, and my original SW5548 (pre-GTI) on the second leg. (To
be perfectly honest however, the fan on the vented FX gets kinda loud
when you're pushing over 2000 watts thru it. But it cycles on and off.)

So Christopher, when DO real "G" model shipments start?

Cheers,
Doug Pratt
Real Goods Technical Editor