here today, gone to West Africa [RE-wrenches]

William Korthof wkorthof at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 17 12:16:38 PST 2004

<x-flowed>
FYI, as a follow up on my previous posts about that customer from
Gambia--- cool thinking prevailed so I went ahead with the sage
advice and insisted on a secure bank transfer or direct wire transfer.
The supposed customer continued to contact us by email and even
the ATT virtual phone method asking when the order would ship for
a few days (duh, hello, we're not stupid: no payment no shipment)
all the while trying to dodge the secure payment issue.

A couple days later, we got yet another request by email (HA!).

But that's all over now, they gave up.

So for anyone else out there, when you get the inquires from Gambia
or elsewhere that sound questionable, either refuse outright or just
insist on totally secure payment. If you have questions, work with
your bank manager to be 100% sure of the security of the payment
method.

/wk

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm