Neon lights [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Oldham starpower4u at juno.com
Mon Mar 15 15:07:17 PST 2004

Hey Kurt, Neon has about the same life as efficiency as flourescent. It can be as good as a CFL in efficiency and last a good 50,000 hours. There are some very sweet electronic 12 VDC ballasts available now, probably not state-of-the-art at a close-out at Best Buy. In fact it would be shocking to see your ballast outlast the neon. I've been threating to outline the underside of my kitchen cabinets for years w/white neon and a 12 VDC ballast, sure would light the counter below nicely! Suprisingly inexpensive stuff considering how custom it is.

Just as soon as I get some free time....

-jeff o

>From the Solar, Wind and Hydro powered office of Jeff Oldham

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com