SW5548 interference again [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Thu Feb 26 10:55:33 PST 2004

Keith -

You might try larger motor run capacitors - I've put as large as 50uF
caps on SWs in the past to eliminate problems - and it works - but the
idle power consumption of each SW will increase to around 50 watts if I
remember correctly.  The capacitors should be wired across each inverter
(neu-hot) not across the 240 VAC output for the best results.  Be sure
to disable the search mode when adding the big caps as its not usuable
with them on there - you'll get a real disco effect on the whole house.

There are a few other tricks you can try - but this should work for
you...

Christopher

>I have tried GE 4uf 370 VAC run capacitors to clean the ripple, but it
>seems when the power goes out, and the "19" ceiling fans are on as well
>as the dimmers for the lighting, the lights in some areas start to do
>the disco strobe and some of the fans start to hum.

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas @ outbackpower.com
www.outbackpower.com