Gridtie, breaking grounded conductor [RE-wrenches]

Dean T. Newberry deant at dcn.org
Wed Feb 25 14:51:10 PST 2004

<x-flowed>
Hi Chris,
I think it is thermonuclear fusion power.....

In the late '60s a friend was working on the Dupont film base plant in
New Jersey, They had the static cages etc. and the sparks to go with
it.  While working on the film slitters, the static disappeared!  And
never came back! Several weeks of research discovered that the janitor
had changed to a different product for the mop solution. The new soap
had a staticide as part of the solution, it was the mop solution on the
floors that drained away the static charge. When I was MIS manager for a
small wholesaler, I specified carpet cleaning treatment that included
the staticide, it is an upgrade to the Chem Dry process, to reduce the
risk of static discharge harming my hardware and data. I get a staticide
from Office Max to treat my wife's car to reduce static discharge which
is annoying to her. I suspect your could use the product to pretreat an
area in which you will be servicing these types of modules.

Keep on building great equipment

cul  deant

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power wrote:

>>it can knock you on your butt, as friend or mine in Scotland found out
>>while testing a 12 kW Unisolar amorphous system while standing on a
>>metal roof.
>>

>Years ago I got to see the Dupont plant for making the Tefzel film used
>on the unisolar modules (among other things).  The workers who did the
>"putting up" on rolls of the film had ankle and wrist straps - on both
>of their legs and arms - and the area was surrounded in a metal mesh
>cage - the tefzel film is such a good dielectric material that just the
>humidity between the layers of the film when rolled up results in it
>becoming an incredibly powerful capacitor - which can kill...
>
>Its easy to forget at times that we're actually working with wirless
>transmitted thermal nuclear fusion power...
>
>Christopher Freitas
>OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
>cfreitas @ outbackpower.com
>www.outbackpower.com
>Arlington WA USA
>Tel 360 435 6030
>
>- - - -

>List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

>Hosted by Home Power magazine

* Cooperative Community Energy* 	*Dean T. Newberry*

430 D Street, Davis CA, 95616
Tel: 530 758-6064
Fax: 530 758-3684
Email: deant at dcn.org