Astropower's star implodes into a red dwarf [RE-wrenches]

Jason Fisher jfisher at nahbrc.org
Fri Feb 6 05:15:53 PST 2004

Some of the releases mention the other interesting player in this
(perhaps inevitable) event; GE.
It will be very interesting to see what rises out of the ashes of
AstroPower over the next few months.

I, like Jeff, was disappointed to get word of this, not from AP, but
from another solar company's internet site! I have to say I was not
surprised, however. If AP or GE or whatever hopes to continue to market
products to their existing dealer network, I hope they make more of an
effort to keep us informed as to what is going on. The biggest question
for all of us who ever installed an AP system is what will become of
their warranties if they indeed disappear and get rolled into a new
manufacturer. I know that if the new player does not honor these
warranties, they will not get a warm welcome from me, and I would hope,
any other dealer.

As the solar world turns....

Jason Fisher
Aurora Energy