system design. wind solar [RE-wrenches]

Jeffery Wolfe, Global Resource Options jeff at globalresourceoptions.com
Mon Jan 19 06:12:54 PST 2004

Depending on the utility and the state, this may or may not be right. The
definition of "interconnection" can vary. In some states, producing power on
site, even if it does not net meter, is "interconnection", if the power that
is produced goes into the same AC system that the utility power does. The
argument is that if the on site system has certain types of failures, it
could send power back onto the utility grid and cause problems. (Not my
theory, theirs.)

So check this before you just make the assumption that no utility agreement
is required to avoid the most unpleasant of surprises.

Jeff
Jeffery D. Wolfe, P.E.
NABCEP Certified Solar PV InstallerT

Global Resource Options, LLP, Solar  Wind  Energy Solutions
A Woman-Owned Limited Liability Partnership
BP Solar Distributor
601 Old River Road, Suite 3
White River Junction, VT 05001-9030
800-374-4494 Toll Free