Rain-X on module glass? [RE-wrenches]

Jon Hill, Sierra Solar Systems solarjon at netshel.net
Thu Jan 8 10:18:22 PST 2004

<x-flowed>
>I have tried it and yes it does work well - just doesn't last long
>enough. The formula for Rain-X was "cracked" a couple of years ago and
>now there are many less expensive versions also available.  Rain-x still
>seems to be the best - but most work to apply. (Rain-x is almost a hobby
>for drivers here in some parts of the pacific northwest).
>
>Its was pretty well known years ago that the black framed solarex and
>arco modules worked better at shedding snow than the silver framed
>versions - in fact - even when they were discontinued you could still
>get them if you knew who to ask and said they were going up at high
>elevations.  Not sure who offers black framed modules anymore?
>
>Christopher Freitas
>OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
>cfreitas @ outbackpower.com
>www.outbackpower.com
>Arlington WA USA
>Tel 360 435 6030

The Kyocera KC-125G has a dark brown frame.
Jon Hill
--
-----------------

Sierra Solar Systems
563C Idaho Maryland Road
Grass Valley, CA 95945
tech info and foreign orders:  (530) 273-6754
order line: (800) 51-SOLAR (US only)   FAX:  (530) 273-1760
e-mail:  <mailto:solarjon at sierrasolar.com>
world wide web:  <http://www.sierrasolar.com>

Because of the high volume of e-mail to which I respond, please
leave _all_ of the previous messages (unless it's unbearable) in
   your reply so I can better remember your original message.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com