inverter overload (was transformer inrush) [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Wed Jan 7 09:43:15 PST 2004

I haven't used these exact current sense relays but I noticed two issues
with these particular models:

- they are 24 vac powered - so you will need a transformer to step down
the power.

- they have a 1 second delay on the current sense - which means they
will not respond in the time required before the inverter overcurrent
trips. The SW will turn off before I second has passed - and when it
turns off the current goes to zero anyways, so the relay won't see the
high current levels...

These can be used to shed load PRIOR to the start up of the larger loads
- but that will not work well in my opinion...

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas @ outbackpower.com
www.outbackpower.com