new wire for array wiring? [RE-wrenches]

Carl Reuter solarcruzer at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 18:04:56 PST 2004

**Attention Vioxx Users: Merck Knew About harmful effects** You
may be entitled to a cash settlement from Merck. No
Obligation- just answer this 60 second survey to find out.
http://click.topica.com/caacVlObz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Penn Media

Wrenches: I recently had an inspector reject my use of USE-2 wire with
MC connects on the array end as the primary wire coming from the array
to the inside wiring . This was a roof-mounted grid- tie system and what
I had done was ran from the array with a pair of USE conductors running
along the roof peak, securely fastened, led over the side and led into a
jbox immediently behind the siding up under the eave.From there I ran
romex through the attic down to a Sunny Boy in the garage. He made me
put the wires in flex conduit. I first showed him the UV rating on the
wire but he wasnt going for it. Was I wrong to use it exposed in that
application even though it was only running 10' along a second story
rooftop?
What really prompted me to write though was to enquire into another type
of wire the inspector had mentioned seeing on another installation.
Apparently it is brand new, it was UL approved and it was two conductors
in some kind of armored sheath. I have called three suppliers asking
about it and nobody has a clue. Anyone out there know what the stuff is?

Land and Sea Solar
1137 Lakeside Dr,
Felton Ca. 95018

Claim your fully stuffed Christmas Stocking now
http://click.topica.com/caacVmdbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PermissionData

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com