More Kohler RES controller stuff [RE-wrenches]

Bruce Geddes b.geddes at clear.net.nz
Wed Dec 1 17:46:15 PST 2004

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Get the latest weather,
sports, and lifestyle news you can't afford to miss, all
at a price you can afford to pay!  Click now!
http://click.topica.com/caaa9eYbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/TopOffers
Sounds like a hydrogen gas explosion from arcing on the contacts of the
start switch or starter.

Bruce Geddes
PowerOn

>On a related note, several weeks ago this client went to start this gennie
>after having run her automotive charger (Shumaker homeowner-grade 10A
>automotive charger) for several hours off of system (inverter AC) power.
>When she hit the start button the battery exploded. The battery was under
>the generator and that protected her from acid, but her hearing is still
>partially gone. We weren't there, and she couldn't explain in detail what
>happened. It concerns me, as I can't explain why this battery exploded.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com