DC plugs and outlets [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Nelson sunwise at cheqnet.net
Thu Nov 18 06:48:21 PST 2004

Free recipes to get you in shape
http://click.topica.com/caacQ4Obz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

Thanks Allan -- But I must mention that I wasn't talking about the
current carrying conductors, rather the outlet and plug wiring scenario.
I did mention using 10/3 Romex to each outlet, but that cable would have
three current carrying conductors and a ground.

I'd leave the green open, the white to negative (grounded at the magic
spot), and the black and red for 12 and 24 volt positive.  Such a
circuit would have over current protection of 15 amps each positive
outlet.

In cases where using silly things like cigarette lighter outlets and RV
TVs, would adequate labeling appease the powers that be (best case
scenario)?   Otherwise I think we are in for continued code struggles in
the future.  I'm not in favor of an inverter in every small cabin
system, small DC systems and larger) and there isn't another good option
that I can see.

If the supply wire can handle the current, as can the outlet, and the
manufacturer's plug (and thereby their wire), can't we at least agree
that these outlets are better than cigarette plugs (and why aren't those
banned!?)?

Kurt again -- SOLutions

The scenario I was mentioning was using a battery balancer 9Such as