Tankless Water Heater without pilot [RE-wrenches]

Brad Bassett bsbassett at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 27 12:38:59 PDT 2004

Get your Golden Tee CD ROM on us
http://click.topica.com/caacNoDbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

I just measured my Rinnai water heater's electrical consumption at 4
watts standby, 30 watts running. They do have an internal heater to
prevent freezing that probably draws 75 watts or so, but the indoor
version of this heater is sealed combustion so I see no reason not to
install it in conditioned space. Also, it modulates down to 15k BTU. I
also noticed that it will stay initialized, including the remote
control, powered by an Outback while it is in search mode. It is a bit
noisier than I would like though.

I have this unit set up as a side arm heater to the upper half of my
solar storage tank. This works great, no odd flow or temperature
problems.

Brad

Solar Ray wrote:

> Hi Scott;
>
> We've seen this scaling problem here with Aquastars. I quit selling them
>
> for the most part, because of the scaling problem and the fact that they
>
> don't fire at low flow rates. Nothing like selling a good customer a
> Staber
> washer and an Aquastar and then the Staber doesn't use enough water to
> get
> the Aquastar to fire! Or the frugal old lady on a rain catch cistern
> that
> washes dishes with a quart/ minute and it won't fire either.
> I recently had a customer with a "Rannai" hotwater heater. It had an
> almost
> 100 watt draw while in standby!  It must have had a glowbar or something
> in
> there. It also was not mod sine friendly. It was replaced with an
> Aquastar,
> since there wasn't space for a regular hotwater heater.
>
> Ray

Brad Bassett
AEE

Get 4 Free low-fat, low-carb recipes