Cleaning PV Arrays [RE-wrenches]

Dean T. Newberry deant at dcn.org
Tue Sep 21 21:03:12 PDT 2004

Click here and walk away with your free Chevy collectible.
http://click.topica.com/caacDvMbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

Thanks Bill,
I learn something everyday.
Thanks.

Do you have a faq or recommended procedure for washing modules that I
can pass on to my customers?  I don't want to off the cuff write
something up that is wrong.

cul  deant

Bill Brooks wrote:

>Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
>Are Americans getting fat? Give us your opinion and win.
>http://click.topica.com/caacDvYbz8QcsbdulIia/PermissionData
>
>Joel and Dean,
>
>I don't think it is the glass-on-glass nature of the BP-850 (Millennia) a-Si
>module that causes it to break. It is the fact that they used annealed
>glass, and then heat-strengthened glass to make their module. The
>heat-strengthened glass reduced the cracking failures, but in either case,
>they break in shards, not tiny pieces since they are not tempered.
>
>The reason they are not tempered is because the manufacturing process is so
>hot that it would reanneal a tempered sheet of glass so the extra expense of
>tempered glass is a waste of money. However, you are left with glass that is
>more susceptible to breakage.
>
>Bill.

*Quantum Energy Group*
/Your renewable energy systems integrator.../

*www.quantumcenergy.com* <http://http://mjdsolar.com/>
www.talbottsolar.com <javascript:NEWPAGE()>
	Dean T. Newberry
Are Americans getting fat? Give us your opinion and win.
http://click.topica.com/caacDvYbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PermissionData

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com